Definitely! Props can add interest and personality to your photos. For children’s portraits, a favorite toy, sunglasses, or super hero cape, can make great memories. Other examples are a framed copy of your wedding photo (anniversary portraits) or your baby’s sonogram (maternity).
If you would like to include props, please let me know ahead of time so I can plan accordingly.
2) How long do sessions last?
Session time varies depending on the package you select. Mini sessions are approx. 15-20 minutes while regular sessions run one to two hours.
3) Can portraits be taken outdoors? Most of my sessions are done in the studio, but it’s always fun to get outside during those months when we have mild temperatures. If you do opt for outdoor portraits, I can always share some of my favorite places. If kids are involved, it’s best to stick to one setting, such as a park or playground.
4) How can we best prepare for the session?
Get yourself and your family excited about the session. Whether you go all out on a styled shoot or purchase new outfits for everyone. It’s great when you can involve the entire family. In fact, if you opt for one of my “Little Peeps” sessions, we’ll leave most of the clothing decisions on your preschooler. These sessions are designed to be fun! So let your child pick their favorite outfits, bring their favorite toys and props and let’s get crazy!
5) When is payment due?
50% of the total cost is due at booking and the balance is due on the day of the photography session.
6) I see a lot of ideas on Pinterest, can we suggest ideas for photos?
I have a variety of samples at my studio. During the pre-consultation I will discuss your vision and my experience. If there is an image from Pinterest that you love, bring it in and we’ll look at it together.
7) Is there a time that is better than others for outdoor photo sessions?
The best time for an outdoor photo session is right around sunset. I’ve found that the best light is usually 15-20 minutes before sunset and 15-20 minutes after. You can visit timeanddate.com to get an accurate time for sunset on your scheduled photo session day and then back up approx. 1 hour to 1.5 hours from that time for start time. You want to make sure to factor in extra time just in case you happen to be running late, want to change outfits during the session, etc…
8) What type of payment do you accept?
I accept checks, and all major credit cards.
9) How long after the session until I see my photos?
We will schedule a time for you to return to the studio for your image reveal and guided art experience about one to two weeks after your session. At that time we will use your credit to pick your artwork. Finished products are usually available for pickup in about one to two weeks after your order is placed.
10) Are digital images included? Because I am a full service studio, I will do all of the printing for you. A limited amount of social media sized files that can be used for sharing, are available as part of your package.