Tips on Preparing for Your Maternity Photo Session
Bringing a baby into the world is a wonderful life event that should be captured. It’s a time that you are going to want to remember and share with your child once they are a little older. If you are thinking about or have recently booked a maternity photo session then the below tips should come in handy as your prepare for your session.
1. Schedule your session between 31 and 36 weeks as your tummy should have popped and have a beautiful shape. By booking your maternity session during this time you are also past the discomfort and bloating that happens earlier in the pregnancy.
2. Treat yourself to a neutral or light colored manicure 1 – 2 days prior to your maternity session so that you can take some beautiful shots with your hands on your tummy.
3. If you already have some cute baby items such as shoes, hats, toys, blankets or onesies, bring them along as they make for adorable props. The same applies to family heirlooms. If you have a special locket or photo that you would like to use, bring it along too.
4. More and more moms are using their ultrasound photos in their photo sessions. If you aren’t too sure whether you want to use it or not, bring it to the shoot anyway and decide on the day.
5. Take the time to pick the right outfit for the maternity shoot. You should of course be comfortable but make sure that your clothing doesn’t detract from your tummy’s shape and your natural glow. Avoid large, bold patterns or clothing that is too loose. Empire waists, drawstrings, flowing tops and wrap dresses are perfect.
At Life in Pink Photography I have specialty designer gowns that I can loan my clients. I also have an assortment of drapes and wraps for indoor studio glamour,and maternity boudoir. To find out more and schedule a consultation, click here.